Judge dismisses U.S. National Women’s Team equitable demand

A federal judge dismissed the inequitable payment lawsuit filed by the players against the US football federation, but testified that his complaint of discrimination in lodging during travel and medical services was in a trial.

The players, led by Alex Morgan, point out that they have not received equitable pay under the terms of their collective agreement, in relation to what the men become. They therefore demanded compensation of more than $66 million under the Civil Rights Act 1964, which in Title VII sets out the terms of equitable pay.

On Friday, in a 32-page ruling, Federal District Judge R. Gary Klausner 20 accepted the federation’s motion for summary trial. He dismissed the lawsuit related to the fair pay act, but left the civil rights complaint intact.

“The history of the negotiations among the parties shows that the women’s team turned down an offer to receive remuneration under the same pay-per-game structure as the men’s selection,” Klausner wrote. “And the women’s team was willing to give up higher bonuses in favor of benefits such as greater base compensation and the guarantee of a greater number of players under contract.

“Therefore, the applicants cannot now retroactively consider that their collective agreement is worse than that of the selection of men by referring what they would have accrued if they had been paid with the pay-per-game structure, when they themselves rejected that structure.”

Klausner kept the complaint standing, according to which the federation discriminated against players in the use of chartered flights, hotel accommodation, medical support services and training assistance.

A trial is scheduled for June 16 at a federal court in Los Angeles.

“We are shocked and disappointed with today’s decision, but we will not shut up in our hard work for fair pay,” said Molly Levinson, spokesman for the footballers, in a statement. “We are confident in our case and will stand firm in our commitment to ensuring that girls and women who play this sport are not underestimated just for their gender.”

The players intend to ask the federal appeals court on the ninth federal circuit to oversevere Klausner’s decision, a step that would delay the trial.

“We have learned that there are tremendous obstacles to change. We know it takes courage, courage and perseverance to face them,” Levinson said.

The Tbol Spa league aims to resume its season in June

MADRID.- The Spanish League stated on Monday that it will be able to return to the activity in June and complete the season at the end of the European summer, with its players undergoing tests from this week when returning to training for the first time in almost two months.

Solo training is allowed in Spain from Monday, after the government slowed the national confinement that was imposed in mid-March by the coronavirus pandemic.

Spanish footballers could return to the driving range during the course of the week after passing COVID-19 tests and then the club’s training real madrid soccer jersey cheap facilities have the right conditions and have been disinfected.

“This crisis has had a profound impact on all of us. The return of football is a sign that society is progressing to the new normal,” League President Javier Tebas said in a statement. “It will also bring back an element of life that people in Spain and around the world know and love.”


“Health is paramount, so we have a comprehensive protocol to safeguard the health of everyone involved as we work restarting La Liga,” Thebes added. “The circumstances are unprecedented, but we hope to start playing again in June and finish our 19/20 season this summer.”

All players, technicians and club staff who will participate in the first phase of training must be checked two days before the start of individual practices.

The testing process must begin on Tuesday, and La Liga wants them to be conducted on a daily basis as soon as individual trainings are launched.


Related:

The League wants a sustained month of training by teams before scheduling matches without a crowd in the stands. No date has been set to restart the championship.

The League sent clubs a protocol with the prevention measures they must take to return to training.

The protocol, which was obtained by The Associated Press, breaks down a four-phase plan, starting with the current preparation plan. The next thing will be the individual trainings, the work in small groups and finally the collective work.

According to La Liga, dates will always be subject to the Spanish government’s de-escalate process.

Club facilities will need to be reviewed to ensure they comply with the cleaning protocols established by local authorities.

Footballers will be able to use the facilities, but will not be able to interact with their teammates in the initial phase. They must travel individually to the premises and will have to do so dressed in their training uniforms.

No more than six players will be allowed to be on the court at the same time, and they must be “as far away as possible” from the other. The use of sports equipment will be restricted and technicians must supervise the work from afar.

Players must wear gloves and masks upon entering the court and only one or two will be able to share the gym in a moment. The protocol, developed by the medical staff of some of the first division clubs, recommends that players — and those who live with them — simply leave their homes for training. It also indicates that each club must establish a food-sharing system for players on their first squad.

Spain has been one of the countries most hit by the pandemic, but began to loosen its travel restrictions by declining the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in recent weeks. The country declared an alarm status on March 14.

The Spanish League estimates that it would suffer losses of almost $1.1 billion if the championship cannot be restarted by the pandemic.

Colombians stranded in Argentina suffer theft and other hardship during their journey

BOGOT — The nightmare experienced by 18 fans of Independiente de Medellin after almost two months in Argentina, came to an end on Monday.

Fans of the “Poderoso de la Montaña” had traveled to Buenos Aires to attend the Copa Libertadores duel on March 10 in La Bombonera against Boca Juniors. As they set out on the ground, the coronavirus pandemic broke all of his aspirations to return home.

On Monday, 128 other people arrived in Medellin on Monday and obtained permission from the Colombian authorities to return to the middle of quarantine. argentina soccer jersey

Chancellor Claudia Blum celebrated her arrival and noted that more than 2,400 Colombians have returned to the country on 22 humanitarian flights.

The group was originally made up of 39 fans, of whom 21 managed to leave Argentina at the end of the match in which Boca Juniors beat Independiente de Medellin 3-0. The coronavirus forced the suspension of the tournament a few days later.

Fans set out on the long journey home by land. As they were about to cross the border with Bolivia, Argentine President Alberto Fernandez closed the country’s borders by advancing the coronavirus. Days later, on March 20, he decreed a mandatory quarantine.

The fans spent 15 days in the border town of La Quiaca, in Jujuy province, where “we were beaten and robbed,” said Angelo Taborda, who served as the group’s spokesman, in a phone interview with The Associated Press.

The crossing would have a new chapter when DIM fans were boarded on a bus and sent back to Buenos Aires. After again traveling 1,500 kilometers, the police stopped them at one of the entrances to the capital because the vehicle was not authorized to drive.

Fans lived from hotel to hotel and underwent a test to determine if they had coronavirus. The results were negative and will now be quarantined before joining their families.

AP journalist Deborah Rey contributed this firm from Buenos Aires.

Germany restartá its fútbol season in the #243;ximas weeks

BERLIN-German Chancellor Angela Merkel confirmed on Wednesday that the Bundesliga will be able to resume this month amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Merkel announced a relaxation of a number of restrictions after meeting with the country’s 16 federal governors. Calls to loosen the measures had increased in recent days as there was a decline in daily contagion in the country.

Related:

It can be played in Germany’s top two football divisions without an audience, and meeting a number of requirements to prevent another outbreak.

Players will have to undergo testing and teams must be quarantined before resuming matches.

At best, the tournament will restart on May 16. The German league will hold a virtual assembly on Thursday with the 26 clubs of the two main divisions.

The Bundesliga was interrupted on 13 March and has nine dates left to play. Clubs have committed to completing the season by the end of June.

Footballers in España undergo COVID-19 testing

MADRID.- Footballers in Spain returned Wednesday to their clubs’ training facilities for the first time since the country entered quarantine almost two months ago due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and other clubs had begun preparations for the return to training this week. Your players will have to undergo COVID-19 tests and, after receiving the results, they will have the go-ahead to train.

Most clubs are expected to re-endo practices by the end of the week.

Most players did not wear masks or gloves upon arrival at the facility, according to the Spanish press. Lionel Messi, Gerard Piqué and Luis Suárez were among those who entered the Barcelona complex without masks. Antoine Griezmann, Arturo Vidal and Ivan Rakitic had masks.


Images that collide but at the same time give hope. Understandable the fear and concerns of the footballer – it is an unusual situation and football is a contact sport – but they are also privileged. Very delicate subject with many (too many) edges. Let everything work out. pic.twitter.com/IjpuspCAMK

— Ana Cobos (@anitacobos) May 6, 2020

At Real Madrid, Gareth Bale, Luka Modric and Karim Benzema showed up without masks, as did many other teammates.

Related:

Atletico spread photos of his players who arrived with masks and gloves to undergo their tests.

Overall, footballers didn’t spend much time on the team’s premises, less than 30 minutes.

Technicians also submitted for testing. Barcelona coach Quique Setién had gloves and mask upon arrival.

The club’s facilities were disinfected in recent days. In addition to the players, all the members of the technical staff and the rest of the staff involved in the trainings will undergo COVID-19 tests to participate in the trials.

The Spanish League wants the clubs to carry out daily tests on the players to start the trainings.

In a first phase, players’ jobs will be individually. Later you will be able to start group training and the last stage will allow you to all exercise together.

The League gave the clubs a protocol with a series of instructions for returning to training, detailing all the prevention measures that players and teams must take.

The goal is to meet a month of training before reviving the championship. The wish is that you can play again in June with no audience present in the stadiums.

Spain began this week to relax some of the restrictions after declaring an alarm state in mid-March. Footballers are among the athletes who have received authorization to return to the training facilities.

However, Eibar players and technicians issued a statement on Tuesday in which they expressed fear of the tournament restart amid the pandemic.